Frustrated Housewife poisons two-week-old baby in Bauchi.

A 19-year-old Hindatu Abdullahi, showed her frustration of  being forced to marry her husband as against her wish by poisoning her two-week-old co-wife’s child with toxic insecticide.

This housewife who was arrested alongside other suspected criminals at the Bauchi State Police Command Headquarters, on Wednesday, wept uncontrollably as she confessed to killing the infant.

Confessing amidst tears, the 19-year-old Hindatu said: “I was forced to marry my husband as a second wife at the age of 17”.

“I never love him and since we got married, my husband and his first wife have been maltreating me so I decided to poison the boy out of frustration.”

She concluded by saying; “I was taken to the vigilante group who flogged me 80 lashes of horse whip before I was brought to police station.”“I am regretting my action. I never knew what came over me. I’m begging for forgiveness from my husband, elder wife and security operatives”

Kamal Datti Abubakar of the Police Public Relations Office of the state command said: “On 19/08/2017, a case was reported at Maina Maji division that in the house of one Abdullahi  of Wurs Bogga village, Duguri district of Alkaleri LGA, who went for this year’s hajj pilgrimage at Saudi Arabia leaving his two wives at home, Fatima Abdullahi and Hindatu Abdulahi the younger wife.”

He said: Hindatu Abdullahi, the younger wife collected the child of her co-wife, Fatima Abdullahi named Mohammed Abdullahi, a two weeks old baby and went into her room with the baby and put into his mouth an insecticide popularly known as Ota pia-pia, as a result the baby became unconscious and was rushed to nearby dispensary and later the baby died”.

He concluded by saying that, “the suspect confessed to the offense of which she will be charge to court after investigation”.




Comments

Recent posts